Wednesday, October 22, 2008

La Guitarra Latino

Last week was a very rainy week - as Kevin said in the last blog we had 3 days straight of rain - so the cultural activites that we participated in had to be indoors. We have had a few salsa dance classes since we have been here...ahem. And now a couple guitar lessons.
This video is of our first guitar lesson with one of our profesors. The guy, our teacher, is amazing. As you will see I have never played a guitar in my life and enjoyed every second of it and Kevin is just learning the Nicaraguan way of strumming away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

That guy is REALLY good at guitar!

Who knows? Maybe when you guys get back, you'll both be super-amazing at guitar. (Kevin, you're already amazing.) You could sing and strum in Spanish. Keep practicing i guess!

I wish I was where you guys were right now. It's starting to get cold over here. Have had some frost already. Some places have had snow.
Brrrr.

I really enjoyed that video. Keep up the missionarying!

Jesse Hook

Anonymous said...

Wow April your good!! at listening to the proffessor play his guitar.
But work on it as we expect a concert from the two of you next summer.

Love you Roy and Janet

Lynn said...

thank you so much for posting your pic's and the video's. seeing you 'live' is a real treat.
I miss you like crazy... but it's so great to see you smiling.
I'm so proud to know both of you and count you as friends.
Keep going, and keep the faith.
It's important.
Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Good Job April...you could've pretended you were playin :) Anyway, i love the videos keep it up.

Jessica Côté said...

I just got a chance now to watch this video, amazing guitar indeed!
And April you look so cute! I wish I had good words of encouragement, but I never was any good with the guitar either. I hear though that practice makes close to perfect! :)
God bless you two!