Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chronicles of a Screamer: The Beginning

The world turned on its head almost seven months ago when my sweet baby girl came into the world, screaming. And she hardly stoppped to take a breath for the first thirteen hours of her life. I just remember thinking "What on earth just happened?!", and every once in a while that same thought reoccurs to me. She has kept me on my toes and on my knees in prayer ever since that day.

Just earlier this week my dearest friend in the whole wide world, Tracy, came to visit me...her first encounter with the Screamer...and I now feel like I have an ally. She might not be living close by - God knows I wish she was - but she now knows just how busy my sweet little Screamer really is. OH, my husband sure knows. So do my parents from the short visits I have with them at their place, but now my dearest friend who has been there for me thirteen years, has seen the worst and best of me and still loves me, she understands my perils with this child. That is a feat in and of itself. Oh how I treasure her friendship. Anywho, at the encouragement of Tracy I am starting up my blog again, a whole year later since I blogged about the adventures in Nicaragua, as a bit of a coping mechanism for living with and raising my beautiful little Screamer, Aletta.

The name Aletta is from spanish and dutch origin (very fitting) and means "footloose", "verity", "truth", "small winged one". As much as she is a handful, that is the very reason I am excited to raise this little girl. My husband and I just can't do it on our own, we need our family, friends and more importantly God. Yes, we need God!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

So glad you are blogging again. Your beautiful Aletta - with all her vivacious and dynamic personality - is certainly to be celebrated...joys and challenges. We parented through similar "zest" and I remember sometimes feeling overwhelmed and like pulling my hair out as parent and child "faced-off" over things sometimes. Those screams have matured into strength of character and leadership qualities that we're deeply grateful to God for. Embrace, accept, encourage, bless, guide, model, pray...and hang on for the ride.:)
Love,
Jacquie