Friday, January 22, 2010

Into the Heat

My travels yesterday went well and no issues came up, which means I still have a clear travel record...unless you include the time when Kevin and I flew home last June and almost missed our connector flight in Houston and had to run like mad through the whole airport, but that's a near miss, not an actual mishap. Everytime I fly I wonder if that will be the time that I have one of those atrocious experiences that many people so often pull out of their repitoir of travel horror stories. Otherwise, I don't worry about it too much about flying and just go about my way.

Don Miguel had his taxi ready at the airport and brought me to Alma's place. Miguel is a trustworthy man that the Nehemiah Center often contracts his business so guests and staff alike can make it where they need to go safely. Although I didn't sleep well cause of all the animal noises, car horns, bombas and all these many other wonderful Managua sounds. Give me a few days and I should be used to it all again.

Steve and I are trying to confirm all our plans that we have for the Faith Burlington team that is coming on Tuesday. I hope to keep everyone updated on their trip via my blog so those who are wondering can rest assure. The team will be here from Jan 26 - Feb 1 and will be focusing on visioning for the partnership with the Nehemiah Center/ Leon churches, which Faith Church is committed to.

Heading into a weekend I see many things to keep me busy, I just hope that with most people not working that I can get the stuff done that I need to.

4 comments:

Annetta said...

Glad you're there, sister! Safe and sound. Praying for you:)

Doreen Breukelman said...

Hi April!

Glad to hear your travels were uneventful and that you're safely there! The team is so looking forward to joining you in a few short days! It's so hard to picture what we'll be stepping into. Thanks for all the plans that you've made for us!
Blessings on your weekend!
Doreen

Anonymous said...

Animal noises? No one said anything about animals!!! I'm having second thoughts.

Just kidding. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!


Marjorie

Anonymous said...

Hope you all have a wonderful time in the beautiful city of Leon. I loved it there.
Give evryone on our best.
Roy & Janet V..