Friday, June 12, 2009

Air Conditioning

I feel like I need to apologize to all our friends who voted that we wouldn't even turn the air conditioning on in our house...I know you believed in my stubborness. But, I hit a breaking point. The heat was unbearable. I couldn't handle it anymore and neither could Kevin.

You see, it went like this: We came home, Wednesday, from a long HOT day at the Nehemiah Center and our home, which is usually a refreshing retreat, did not give any relief. Kevin with remote in hand said, "I really think that we should put the a/c on!"...to which I only mumbled "maybe." That was it. That was all it took. And the a/c was on and the heat was being beat out of our house. It's amazing how 28 degrees celcius feels!

To take advantage of the new, refreshing, cool air we rearranged our dining/living area and moved our table and chairs so that they were situated right under the a/c unit. It was like a new life!

So, I deeply apologize to those of you who believed in us and that we wouldn't cave. But I figure, now that it was on once, it will probably be even more hot this weekend while we're packing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah ! You caved in !

I was sure you would tough it out.

Roy V.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, can't remember when I voted for, but you toughed it out a lot longer than I would have. Way to go!

Really looking forward to seeing you guys.

Jesse Hook.